Thursday, October 4, 2012

Z for All

Zesty alphabet soup starts with the letter Z. Why Z? Why not? I once met a Tony whose nickname was Y-Not. It took me a minute before I comprehended the mirror image quality of his name and nickname; no one ever said I was quick on the draw.

Perhaps, the reason for Z as my starting letter of this alphabetical experiment is the Zen-like qualities of my blog. I’ve referred to Zen logic or thinking at least four times in my blog since its inception. Zen is not a philosophy, religion or a field of study; Zen is just doing. I’ve seen the phrases, “I blog, therefore I am” and “I am, therefore I blog.” Z is the start without reason. If you could accurately explain Zen then you might be wrong. Those who are Zen experts teach that wrongness as part of knowing.

Donald Rumsfeld’s quote agglomerates my reasoning more accurately:


"We know there are known knowns: there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know there are things we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns — the ones we don't know we don't know." —Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, Defense Department briefing, Feb 12, 2002.

 
Many bloggers who claim to be experts in some field or area of knowledge fall into the wrongness of not knowing. Bloggers are laZy writers. Bloggers don’t have editorZ, sponsorZ or utilize spell checkerZ. I am one, therefore I know.

Zen truly incorporates all. Zesty zinfandel. Zero zingers. Zipline zombies. Quiz time: what is a zwiterion? And do you care? Should you?

I want to know if zip codes were created before or after area codes. (A to Z allusion). Without sounding like a smarty pants I know it was long before ziplines. Zillions of years before zombies became popular icons. Did you ever wish you could drive a Zamboni machine?

Zen masters and good bloggers exist without trying to claim rightness. Sadly, many bloggers are more likely to embody the wrongness quality than Zen teachers. Is this right or just a blast of my wrongness?

Of course you realize this is all just nonsense. You must know that the time between August and the first Tuesday of November in an election year is known as the silly season, save that thought for the S blog.

I hope the Z blog did not rate a zero on the Z scale or cure your insomnia with a healthy dose of the ZZZZs.

What I really want now is a zabaglione. It ZoundZ so good.

SEO Services & ToolsSubmit Express

3 comments:

  1. I never had the opportunity to study the Sciences at school, but I imagine it is something to do with chemistry. Great beginning to Alphabet soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a cool post dad. I give it a ZERO. So I got 3 high school football games this week and none of them incude the ZAPATA hawks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete