Saturday, May 12, 2012

If

If






If I had the courage to put words on paper


if I had the talent and time I would,


if I were honest


Then I could.






If the path was easy


there wouldn’t be any tribulations,


just success and cheers


And admiration.






If time was abundant and endless


I could still be static and stagnant,


a statue carved of stone and plaster


a living fragment.






If, the great word, of defeat


Can stop my progress and tomorrow,


can create loss and pain


cause blame and sorrow.






If I allow its power to triumph


I would be an irrelevant being


if I were weak,


But, the words exist and I’m just beginning.





Print Blog Post

SEO Services & Tools

2 comments:

  1. Now you're a poet! Add that to a writer, a photographer, and walker/runner/jogger...wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next week will be normal blog. I dug through my older stuff to find IF.

    ReplyDelete